Check it out!
Data ONTAP 8.2.3P3 has been released. As the NFS TME at NetApp, I am pretty stoked. Get it here:
This is an update to both 7-Mode and clustered Data ONTAP. Keep in mind that minor releases (such as 8.2.x) are immediately considered GA, so there is no RC for minor releases. They are essentially patch rollups with minimal new features.
The update contains:
- Name services resiliency improvements (both modes)
- SAN resiliency improvements
- New platform support
- NSE support for SnapLock in 7-Mode
- Storage and Disk health monitoring services
- Role-based access for SnapMirror in clustered Data ONTAP
- New PAM card support
- Windows NFSv3 client support for clustered Data ONTAP
If you are running NAS and are already on a 8.2.x release, UPGRADE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Lots of good NAS features/fixes for both 7-mode and cDOT.
If you are on a 8.1.x or prior release, consider/plan on upgrading, as it will be…
View original post 1,512 more words