Welcome to the Episode 72, part of the continuing series called “Behind the Scenes of the NetApp Tech ONTAP Podcast.”
This week, we invited a gaggle of NetApp’s flash brain trust to discuss the emerging technology NVMe and its place within the storage landscape and attempt to demystify it.
Is NVMe the future or a passing trend? And where does NVMe fit within the NetApp product portfolio?
Featured on the podcast (in alphabetical order):
- Andy Banta, Storage Janitor at NetApp SolidFire (@andybanta)
- Val Bercovici, CTO for NetApp SolidFire (@valb00)
- Andy Grimes, Mr. Flash/Principal Architect for Flash at NetApp (@andy_NTAP_flash)
- Mark Harrison, NetApp SE (@NetApp_Mark)
- Anthony Whitehouse, Senior Product Manager at NetApp (@apwhitehouse)
- John Woodall, VP, Engineering at Integrated Archive Systems; NetApp A-Team member (@John_Woodall)
Keith Aasen, NetApp Solutions Architect also gives some perspective on NVMe in this blog post:
Also check out Val Bercovici in this article on NVMe from The Register:
Also, be sure to check out NetApp’s new NVMe landing page here:
Finding the Podcast
The podcast is all finished and up for listening. You can find it on iTunes or SoundCloud or by going to techontappodcast.com.
Also, if you don’t like using iTunes or SoundCloud, we just added the podcast to Stitcher.
I also recently got asked how to leverage RSS for the podcast. You can do that here:
You can listen here: