Welcome to the Episode 294, part of the continuing series called “Behind the Scenes of the NetApp Tech ONTAP Podcast.”
This week, we discuss how SnapMirror Business Continuity (SMBC) and MetroCluster over IP in ONTAP 9.9.1 helps maintain business operations through disasters, as well as when you’d want to use one over the other.
- Manish Thakur, NetApp Product Manager, MetroCluster and SnapMirror Business Continuity (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Cheryl George, NetApp Technical Marketing Engineer, MetroCluster and SnapMirror Business Continuity (email@example.com)
For more information on MetroCluster over IP and SnapMirror Business Continuity:
- TR-4689: MetroCluster over IP Solution Design
- NetApp ONTAP with NetApp SnapMirror Business Continuity (SM-BC) with VMware vSphere Metro Storage Cluster (vMSC)
- SnapMirror Business Continuity docs
- Episode 267: SnapMirror Business Continuity (SM-BC) for ONTAP 9.8
If you want a searchable transcript of the episode, check it out here (just set expectations accordingly):
Just use the search field to look for words you want to read more about. (For example, search for “storage”)
Be sure to give us feedback (or if you need a full text transcript – Gong does not support sharing those yet) on the transcription in the comments here or via firstname.lastname@example.org! If you have requests for other previous episode transcriptions, let me know!
Tech ONTAP Community
We also now have a presence on the NetApp Communities page. You can subscribe there to get emails when we have new episodes.
Finding the Podcast
You can find this week’s episode here:
You can also find the Tech ONTAP Podcast on:
I also recently got asked how to leverage RSS for the podcast. You can do that here: